Call for Research Support
Comprehensive behavioral test battery on your genetically engineered mice
Institute for Comprehensive Medical Science, Fujita Health University, Japan was accredited as a Joint Usage / Research Center for Genes, Brain and Behavior by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), in 2015. The center engages in collaborative research support for the comprehensive and efficient functional analysis of brain-related genes. In this project, we help researchers to investigate the functions of the gene of interest by comprehensive behavior analyses on genetically engineered mice. The behavioral test battery consists of more than 20 kinds of tests, and covers various behavioral domains, such as sensory-motor functions, anxiety-like behavior, social behavior, and learning and memory.
Applicants must meet all the conditions, as enumerated below:
1. Applicants must prepare mice for the behavioral tests in specific pathogen free facility, and transfer them to our animal facility.
*Transportation cost is paid by the sender.
2. Applicants must publish the results of the collaborative research support in an academic journal.
3. Applicants must agree to make the results public in our database (mouse phenotype database).
Points to Consider When Applying
- Animals: Mouse; for genetically engineered mice, mutants and their wild-type littermates should be used.
- Number of animals: ≧20 per group, preferably.
- Sex of animals: All males, all females, or balanced among groups if mixed.
- Genetic background: Mice should be backcrossed in an inbred strain for more than 6 generations, in case the mutant mice are generated with mixed genetic background.
The period for joint research support is now open. The application period is from April 2019–March 2020 (may be extended).
Send us the complete Application Form by email: cgbb[at]fujita-hu.ac.jp
Publication of Outcomes
When publishing any research outcome, please clearly state that joint research support was received from the Joint Usage / Research Center for Genes, Brain and Behavior.
Joint Usage / Research Center for Genes, Brain and Behavior
Institute for Comprehensive Medical Science, Fujita Health University
1-98 Dengakugakubo, Kutsukake-cho, Toyoake, Aichi 470-1192, JAPAN