News & Topics
- 2021. 8. 18.
- 2021. 3. 14.
The Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology researches blood cells, immune cells, bacteria, and viruses, and studies cell death, transplantation immunity, genetic analysis of viruses, and microbial toxicity. In addition, as a clinical collaboration unit, we have clinical collaboration with the department of Transfusion Medicine and Cell Therapy, Microbiology and Genetics Laboratory, and Blood and General Clinical Laboratory at the university hospital. Furthermore, we are also performing the PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 infections at the University PCR Center. Each faculty member is unique, but their passion for education and research is very passionate. We invite you to visit our laboratory. Graduate students are also very welcome.
Master’s course: Rio Takagi (M2)
Undergraduate course: 24
・The cell growth inhibitory effects of naturally occurring substances contained in plants
・Analysis of the mechanism of cell death induction
As a research theme, I am studying the cell growth inhibitory effects of naturally occurring substances contained in plants and their mechanisms. Currently, I am focusing on the apoptosis-inducing mechanism of andrographolide (Andrographis Paniculata), which is contained in the plant herb. In our experiments, we are using leukemia cell lines to measure apoptosis-related parameters such as Annexin V and caspase-3/7 positivity, mitochondrial membrane potential, and DNA fragmentation. We also measure mitochondria-related proteins such as Bax and cytochrome C by Western blot analysis. (H. Akiyama)
・Resistance of bacterial spores to microwave
Food poisoning by spores is often caused by leftovers. The heat resistance of the spores is the cause, and we will investigate whether food poisoning can be prevented by using microwave when reheating.
・Transmission of drug-resistant bacteria by Money bacteria
The detection of drug-resistant bacteria has been reported in the feces of school children in developing countries. We will investigate whether drug-resistant bacteria are transmitted through banknotes due to inadequate control of antibiotics and poor hygiene. (S. Imamura)
・Analysis of irregular antibody production factors and research on novel therapeutic methods
・Backward-looking study on the promotion of safe and appropriate blood transfusion, cell therapy and transplantation medicine
We are conducting research on safe and appropriate blood transfusion medicine. Blood transfusion is considered to be a transplant in the broad sense of transfusion of another person's cells. We are conducting research with the aim of ensuring that patients can receive transfusion medicine with peace of mind. Therefore, our research covers all aspects of transfusion medicine, including blood transfusion management, blood transfusion tests, and in vivo immune responses to blood transfusion. We are also involved in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and organ transplantation, and conduct research on histocompatibility. Research is conducted in collaboration with the Blood Transfusion Department of Fujita Health University Hospital. (H. Matsuura)
・Development of a new molecular biological assay and a new biomarkers for human herpesviruses.
・Molecular epidemiological analysis of rotaviruses and varicella zoster virus.
We mainly conduct clinical virological research on Human herpesvirus 6B (HHV-6B), rotavirus (RV) and varicella zoster virus. As a medical technologist, I am focusing on the development of rapid diagnostic and variant analysis methods using molecular biological techniques. We are working retrospective analysis of RV serotype changes by RVvaccination, development of rapid diagnostic methods for breakthrough varicella, and search for biomarkers to differentiate febrile convulsions and acute encephalitis encephalopathy associated with sudden onset rash (HHV-6B initial infection).
Research collaboration: Pediatrics, School of Medicine; Virology and Parasitology, School of Medicine. (Y. Higashimoto)
・Role of indoleamine 2 3-dioxygenase 2 (IDO2) in the progression of hepatocellular carcinoma
Although indoleamine 2 3-dioxygenase 2 (IDO2) is expressed in some organs such as the liver and kidney, and is known as an immunomodulatory molecule involved in autoimmunity and cancer, its physiological function remains unclear. We have focused on the relationship between tumor cell growth and IDO2, and have been investigating the role of IDO2 in tumor growth in a mouse hepatocellular carcinoma model. To date, we have found that 1) IDO2 is strongly expressed in the tumor area, 2) tumor size is increased in IDO2-deficient mice, and 3) expression of lipid metabolism-related molecules is decreased in IDO2-deficient mice. Based on the hypothesis that IDO2 suppresses tumor growth, we are investigating the relationship between abnormal lipid metabolism and IDO2. (K. Nakamoto)
- Inaba M, Higashimoto Y, Toyama Y, Horiguchi T, Hibino M, Iwata M, Imaizumi K, Doi Y. Diagnostic accuracy of LAMP versus PCR over the course of SARS-CoV-2 infection. Int J Infect Dis. 2021 Jun;107:195-200. doi: 10.1016/j.ijid.2021.04.018. Epub 2021 Apr 20.
- Hiroki Miura, Masaru Ihira, Kei Kozawa, Yoshiki Kawamura, Yuki Higashimoto, Fumihiko Hattori, Tetsushi Yoshikawa. Effect of Lactococcus lactis Strain Plasma on HHV-6 and HHV-7 Shedding in Saliva: A Prospective Observational Study. Microorganisms. 9(8)
- Yoshiki Kawamura, Fumihiko Hattori, Yuki Higashimoto, Kei Kozawa, Tetsushi Yoshikawa. Evaluation of varicella vaccine effectiveness during outbreaks in schools or nurseries by cross-sectional study. Vaccine 39(21) 2901-2905
- Yoshiki Kawamura, Yuki Higashimoto, Hiroki Miura, Masaru Ihira, Masato Inaba, Ryota Ito, Kei Kozawa, Tetsushi Yoshikawa. Immune response against SARS-CoV-2 in pediatric patients including young infants. Journal of medical virology 93(3) 1776-1779
- Mizuno G, Hoshi M, Nakamoto K, Sakurai M, Nagashima K, Fujita T, Ito H, Hata T. Evaluation of red blood cell parameters provided by the UF-5000 urine auto-analyzer in patients with glomerulonephritis. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2021 Apr 28;59(9):1547-1553. doi: 10.1515/cclm-2021-0287. PMID: 33908221.
- Takahiro Matsuno, Hideaki Matsuura, Sumie Fujii, Ami Tanaka, Masahiro Satake, Tomohiro Kinoshita, Akihiro Tomita, Yusuke Matsui, Yukari Sugiura, Yasuo Miura. Prolonged incubation period of hepatitis B in a recipient of a nucleic acid amplification test-negative hepatitis B virus window donation. Transfusion 2021.
- Fujigaki H, Takemura M, Osawa M, Sakurai A, Nakamoto K, Seto K, Fujita T, Hata T, Akiyama H, Doi Y, Saito K. Reliability of serological tests for COVID-19: comparison of three immunochromatography test kits for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies Heliyon 2020 Sep 10;6(9):e04929.P1-6.
- Kozawa, K. Miura, H. Kawamura, Y. Tanaka, M. Kudo, K. Higashimoto, Y. Ihira, M. Yoshikawa, T. Frequency of subclinical herpes zoster in pediatric hematology-oncology patients receiving chemotherapy: A retrospective cohort analysis. Journal of Medical Virology. Volume 92, Issue 8, Pages 1260 - 12651 August 2020.
- Hattori, F. Kozawa, K. Miura, H. Kawamura, Y. Higashimoto, Y. Yoshikawa, A. Ihira, M. Yoshikawa, T. Trend in varicella patients 4 years after implementation of universal two-dose varicella vaccination in Japan. Vaccine. Volume 38, Issue 46, Pages 7331 - 733627 October 2020.
- Ihira M, Kawamura Y, Miura H, Hattori F, Higashimoto Y, Sugata K, Ide T, Komoto S, Taniguchi K, Yoshikawa T. Molecular characterization of rotaviruses obtained from patients with rotavirus-associated encephalitis/encephalopathy. Microbiol Immunol. 2020 Aug;64(8):541-555.doi: 10.1111/1348-0421.12827. Epub 2020 Aug 4
- Hoshi M, Osawa Y, Nakamoto K, Morita N, Yamamoto Y, Ando T, Tashita C, Nabeshima T, Saito K. Kynurenine produced by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 2 exacerbates acute liver injury by carbon tetrachloride in mice. Toxicology. 2020 May 30;438:152458. doi: 10.1016/j.tox.2020.152458. Epub 2020 Apr 11. PMID: 32289347.
- Tashita C, Hoshi M, Hirata A, Nakamoto K, Ando T, Hattori T, Yamamoto Y, Tezuka H, Tomita H, Hara A, Saito K. Kynurenine plays an immunosuppressive role in 2,4,6-trinitrobenzene sulfate-induced colitis in mice. World J Gastroenterol. 2020 Mar 7;26(9):918-932. doi: 10.3748/wjg.v26.i9.918. PMID: 32206003; PMCID: PMC7081011.
- Higashimoto, Y. Kawamura, Y. Kuboshiki, A. Hattori, F. Miura, H. Nishimura, N. Ozaki, T. Ihira, M. Yoshikawa, T. Reliability of direct varicella zoster virus loop-mediated isothermal amplification method for rapid diagnosis of breakthrough varicella. Journal of Clinical Virology. Volume 119, Pages 53 - 58October 2019.
- Yoshikawa, T. Ihira, M. Higashimoto, Y. Hattori, F. Miura, H. Sugata, K. Komoto, S. Taniguchi, K. Iguchi, A. Yamada, M. Ariga, T. Persistent systemic rotavirus vaccine infection in a child with X-linked severe combined immunodeficiency. Journal of Medical VirologyVolume 91, Issue 6, Pages 1008 - 1013June 2019.
- Yamasuge W, Yamamoto Y, Fujigaki H, Hoshi M, Nakamoto K, Kunisawa K, Mouri A, Nabeshima T, Saito K. Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 2 depletion suppresses tumor growth in a mouse model of Lewis lung carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2019 Oct;110(10):3061-3067. doi: 10.1111/cas.14179. Epub 2019 Sep 25. PMID: 31444833; PMCID: PMC6778659.
- Higashimoto, Y. Ihira, M. Miyazaki, Y. Kuboshiki, A. Yoshinaga, S. Hiramatsu, H. Suzuki, R. Miyata, M. Miura, H. Komoto, S. Yukitake, J. Taniguchi, K. Kawamura, Y. Yoshikawa, T. Monitoring shedding of five genotypes of RotaTeq vaccine viruses by genotype-Specific real-Time reverse transcription-PCR assays. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. Volume 56, Issue 6June 2018
- Hiroki Doi, Taei Matsui, PhD, Tamae Ohye, PhD, Seiji Imamura, PhD, Yuki Higashimoto, Jun Yukitake, PhD, Kuniaki Saito, PhD, Itsuro Katsuda, PhD, Hidehiko Akiyama, PhD. Andrographolide derived from Andrographis paniculata (herb) shows anti-proriferative activity and anti-inflammatory effects on human monocytic leukemia cells. Fujita Medical Journal Volume 4 Issue 3 2018
- Prajwalita Das, Etsuko Tokunaga, Hidehiko Akiyama, Hiroki Doi, Norimichi Saitoand Norio Shibata*, Synthesis of fluoro-functionalized diaryl-λ3-iodonium salts and their cytotoxicity against human lymphoma U937 cells Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2018, 14, 364–372.
- Hiroki Doi, Taei Matsui, PhD, Tamae Ohye, PhD, Kuniaki Saito, PhD, Itsuro Katsuda, PhD, Hidehiko Akiyama, PhD, Andrographolide from the herb Andrographis paniculata induces apoptosis on cultured human leukemic cells. Fujita Medical Journal Volume 3 Issue 3 2017
- Access to Fujita Health University ⇒ Fujita Health University Homepage
- Access to regulatory science 332, 3rd ⇒ University Building 3